This is a quick and easy DIY room spray with essential oils! It’ll freshen any room (and keep it fresh) without the use of harsh chemicals! I’ve included the base recipe as well as 15 blend recipes so that you can find the perfect scent!
This recipe is an amazing air freshener alternative that can actually help smells go away while also being safe from harmful chemicals in traditional air fresheners. As an added bonus, you'll also get the therapeutic benefits of essential oils by using this spray that can help improve your mood.
This recipe only has 3 ingredients and is super easy to whip up!
- Distilled water (tap is okay but distilled is best)
- 1 tsp witch hazel
- 30 drops essential oil of your choice (see recipes below)
- Combine witch hazel and essential oils in a 4 oz spray bottle.
- Top with water.
- Shake well.
Essential Oil Recipes:
I like to keep a few different room sprays laying around. One in each bathroom, and a few extra to change up the scent and have to freshen up a room quickly. Here are some of my favs. (a few are just 30 drops of one oil or blend because sometimes you’ve got to get back to the basics).
Lemon & Clove
- 10 drops Cypress Essential Oil
- 10 drops Black Spruce Essential Oil
- 10 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 7 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 7 drops Orange Essential Oil
- 7 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 4 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 3 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
If you enjoyed this blog post, we think you'll also enjoy our Free Essential Oils for Self-Care Guide where you can learn our favorite essential oil for self-care picks and lots of ways to use them all. Sign up below and we'll send it right over.